Wednesday, June 17, 2015

2.12.3.1. Edith Mary Davenport (about 1907-before 1986)

All I know about Edith Mary (Davenport) Samples Muir, Henry's fourth wife, comes from this newspaper clipping. I have been unable to find any records that are definitively about her. She was 72 years old when they married in 1979, which would make her birth year about 1907. She had lived in St. Louis, Missouri, at one time, but I do not know if she was born there.

I do know she married Henry "Jack" Muir in May 1979 in the St. Bernard Parish, Louisiana, courthouse.

One of Jack's granddaughter's told me Edith predeceased him and died in Waveland, Mississippi.

Newspaper clipping of the marriage between Henry "Jack" Muir and
Edith Mary (Davenport) Samples, dated 30 May 1979; clipping provided
by Wanda Morrow

_______________
Unknown newspaper, 30 May 1979

No comments:

Post a Comment